-->

Monday, May 11, 2015

Motives Matter

Proverbs 4:23: “Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.”
Idon’t like coffee. It feels good to say that out loud. It tastes like mud. However, on days when I need to hit the ground running, I will pour myself a cup (milk and lots of sugar) and drink it willingly. Why? I’m motivated to conquer my to-do list and I believe coffee will aid me in that mission.
Our underlying motives hold powerful clues to the why behind our what. Millions of dollars are spent analyzing them for marketing analysis. Our legal system spends ample resources uncovering them, and moms and dads all over the world spend years shaping them. In short, motives matter. Proverbs 4:23 says, “Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.”
Head over to KC Parent to read our very own Jena Meyerpeter's thoughts.  Thank you Jena for sharing your heart with Heartland Women and the greater Kansas City area!