-->

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Worship in the Waiting

Just a few weeks ago a small group of us met to grab a warm drink, catch up, share what God's nudging us about and pray for each other. Repeatedly, music (all kinds) came up. How it provoked us, moved us, and comforted us. While we were together, I jotted some things down so I could continue to pray over them.

As I've been praying for them and pressing into this advent season what has stood out to me is the waiting. We're waiting for the arrival of Jesus on Christmas Day. We're waiting for God in numerous ways. Desperate for Him to speak, to guide, or answer. Anxious for healing, forgiveness, and redemption. Waiting for this season of  to end or begin. Clinging to God's promises awaiting us.

Seemingly, the thread of music connects us to our human condition in therapeutic ways. A song that speaks powerfully to two people  also seems to connect those two people in unspoken ways. I thought I'd share what I've been listening to recently, confident we'll make a connection or two. Connect us in this season of waiting.


Just before the holidays I stumbled upon the album Psalms by Sandra McCracken. It was about the time our church embarked on a time of pressing into prayer. I love this entire album, but most certainly the song "All Ye Refugees".







Christmas by Francesca Battistelli is another great album specifically for this season. I am partial to "You're Here", "Christmas Dreams", and "Go Tell it on the Mountain."




Then even though we've been listening to these songs during church services for years, just yesterday we were gifted with the ability to take them everywhere we go! Arrows by Nick and Julie Nave and handful of others from our very own Heartland worship team have produced a few of our favorite songs. It's my understanding that the cd will be available at Heartland on Sunday and a digital version on Friday. ALL 5 tracks are amazing! 






Hearts

Quiet My Soul

Empty Hands

Only You

Just As I Am









I hope you enjoy these and please share what you've been listening to with me via Facebook, Instagram, and email, or catch me in person! 

Blessings,
Nanette Haskin















At-Home Study: adapted from 'Advent: Born is The King' plan from She Reads Truth

Pray: ask God to reveal Himself to you through the scriptures, to help you receive the message He has specifically for you today.

Read: each passage twice in 2-3 different translations.


{Day 1} John 1:9-14

{Day 2} Isaiah 9:2-7


Observe: What is happening? What catches your attention? What is the message of this passage?What thoughts or feelings does it provoke?

Reflect: Why do these things catch your attention? Why do you feel or think certain things from reading it?



Apply: What does this say about God? What does it say about people? What does it say about God's plan for us? What does this mean for you? How can you apply what God is saying to you?