-->

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Whose Day Tuesday

Whose Day Highlight: Tasha C.
Family stats: husband of 16 years Scott Cook
kids: daughter Camryn age 12 (13 in October....hello teenager!)
Holden age 7
Sutton age 3
Spiritual gifts: My spiritual gifts are mercy, faith and intercession.  i am unstructured and love to be with people, connecting and going deeper.
Spiritual Pathways: I am a naturalist and love God through the outdoors... I grew up in the country from a long line of farmers.  While my dad had an office job, he continued to farm the wheat fields given to him from his grandfather.  I think this deepened my connection to nature, land, organics, flowers, water, sunshine...
Passions: I am passionate about our children and their well-being! Aren’t we all!? What they eat, what they learn, how they act, their faith, their happiness, their personalities and how they serve. I also adore reading, time with girlfriends, exercising outside, farmers markets, taking pictures, going to our cabin at Tablerock Lake and drinking loads of hot tea...earl grey with skim to be exact!
Pet peeves: the crazy cardinal that keeps pecking on the window and other loud or incessant noises.  i am overstimulated easily and love QUIET!!Secret shames: My secret shame is that I often succumb to the sin of comparison. I listen to the enemy's voice as I look at other women and their accomplishments and I stack mine to theirs and allow the devil to make me feel the loser in the comparison. I think, o look at her outfit, look at her clean house, look at her homemade goodies, look at her exercise time etc...  as I have learned about our personalities and our giftedness I have taken back control from the devil and I celebrate what others do well and I realize I have strengths of my own... so there devil!!!  This is a daily battle for me.
Book that you love: i love jodi picoult books, just read THE PLAIN TRUTH, suspenseful fiction to zone out.  i am reading a book by glynnis whitwer called I USED TO BE SO ORGANIZED.  its fabulous and soooooo true!!  lots of books i read are rec. on the proverbs 31 ministries website/blog.  most of all i love books on food and health.  i just finished THE END OF OVEREATING IN AMERICA  which was awesome.  but probably my all time favorite book is ANIMAL VEGETABLE MIRACLE by barbara kingsolver.  oh how i wish i could grow or raise everything my family eats for a whole year!  in addition i am fascinated by personalities, birth order, how to be a better mom, how to stay organized etc and have loved the books rec. last year about personalities etc. PERSONALITY PLUS and PERSONALITY PLUS FOR KIDS by florence littauer and 7 WAYS TO BE A SMARTER MOM by kacey johnson.   i highly recommend those and you can borrow mine if you want!
Can’t Live Without: dark chocolate covered almonds and tea, o and our Lord and Savior!
Favorite room in your house: ...outside!
Favorite Tradition: ICE CREAM FOR DINNER WHEN YOU LOSE A TOOTH!  our kiddos are so far apart and this is something fun we can all do together!  i also love making the annual christmas ornament out of the bottom of the tree and finding a hidden baby JESUS, missing from the nativity, on Christmas morning.