-->

Monday, September 24, 2012

Communicating With Your Spouse

This summer a good friend suggested I read "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman.  This friend knows the story of my marriage.  How it was rescued from the brink of destruction and how the resurrection of my marriage led me to Jesus.  This video details that a bit more.

This part of our story is in the past, we're determined to leave it there, and intentionally take steps to keep our marriage thriving.  What I love about this book is that it taught us how to show one another our love in ways that would be best received.  

Since there is an app for everything these days, I searched "Five Love Languages" and I found an app that coincides with this book as well.  You input your spouse's love language and then you get a challenge every week and suggestions for conversation starters.  I would strongly suggest this also.  My husband and I had so much fun practicing these activities and now know new and better ways to share our love.

We are about to begin a journey along side many other couples through Couples Home Improvement working through "The 7 Principles for Making Marriage Work" by John Gottman.  This will be our second time working through this book, as it was a tool our counselor suggested we utilize to help revive our marriage.  I am so excited to go through it again with my husband to refresh and remind us before we find our marriage in a crisis.  

More information and all of the dates for the Couples Ministry Home Improvement can be found on the Couple's Ministry page.   
- Nanette Haskins