-->

Friday, November 22, 2013

Love

Photo by Didok
Love is a topic that can be discussed and thought about for hours upon end.  Here are a few quotes and scriptures on love:

“A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.”
 Elbert Hubbard

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”
 William W. Purkey

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
 Martin Luther King Jr.A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches

1John 4:8 “Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.”

Jeremiah 31:3 “The Lord appeared to us in the past. He said, “I have loved you with a love that lasts forever. I have kept on loving you with faithful love.” 

We have just been asked to really think about what we are chasing.  And we have learned that, no matter what, Jesus chases us.  He says in Revelation 3:20 “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If any of you hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with you. And you will eat with me.”

What are you chasing?  Is this something you’re still asking yourself at the end of our study?  I chase many things.  I will look online for the perfect purse or camera, the perfect Christmas gift for my Mother-in-law…it can get out of hand, trust me.  

Though he pursues me, I cannot say that I always chase Jesus back, or allow him to continually “be” with me. There are times that my day will stop flat in it’s tracks because of the news of a loved one’s loss or suffering and I am chasing God with prayer.  What I have realized is he is right there, chasing me, and all I have to do is turn toward him, and he’s ready and waiting and willing.

This week, I had devastating news about one of my beloved friends.  At first, my heart was so broken; all I could do was cry.  But, I began to pray for her, and asked God to allow her to feel the prayers from everyone who was praying.  I heard from her last night, and she literally said, “Prayers are holding me up.”

So I ask you, as we go into the craziness of the holidays with the turkey, ham, and casseroles, the planning, and the searching for the perfect _______, don’t forget to allow Jesus to be with you.  His peace is a breath away, and we don’t have to do anything alone.  Even the seating arrangements!  

Here is a song that goes with what I am trying to get across through today’s blog.   There is a link below to the song.  It is by Tenth Avenue North, a Christian band.  Listen to it, and allow Jesus to catch you today.  Turn from whatever it is you are chasing, and turn to him.  

Below are the link and the lyrics (they are on the video with the song as well).

Blessings to you as we begin the “Most wonderful time of year.”
- Jennifer G.
Photo by rob_gonyea


"Beloved"

Love of my life
Look deep in my eyes
There you will find what you need 

And give me your life
The lust and the lies
And the past you're afraid I might see
You've been running away from me, yeah 

You're my beloved lover
I'm yours
And Death shall not part us
It's you I died for
For better or worse
Forever we'll be
My love it unites us and it binds you to me
It's a mystery 

Love of my life
Look deep in my eyes
There you will find what you need 

I'm the giver of life
I'll clothe you in white
My immaculate bride you will be
Oh, come running home to me, yeah

You're my beloved lover
I'm yours
And Death shall not part us
It's you I died for
For better or worse
Forever we'll be
My love it unites us and it binds you to me, yeah

You've been a mistress, my wife
Chasing lovers that won't satisfy
Won't you let me make you my bride
You will drink of my lips and you'll taste new life

You're my beloved lover
I'm yours
And Death shall not part us
It's you I died for
For better or worse
Forever we'll be
My love it unites us and it binds you to me
It's a mystery