-->

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

For a Season

Last night I dreamt I walked outside and it was a warm spring day. Twice.  It's not that I don't like winter.  I just don't like to be cold and weeks like this one the two go hand-in-hand.  As the snow poured down and my spring loving heart grew impatient I decided to surrender whatever wasn't to what was.  So, here it is...I love slow pace, clock-less days. Hot drinks, preferably with chocolate in them. I love the quiet of hum of sisters cooperating and hot soup. I love curling up with a good book and the warm glow of a burning candle.  I love neighbor kids spilling in and out of our home for hot chocolate. I love a kitchen warm from a baking oven. I love not being in a carpool line. I love God's irony of a blinding sun on a frozen world. I could go on, but I want you to take a few minutes and think of yours.  I'll leave you with these words to live by from Ecclesiastes Chapter 3...

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.

Wherever God has you today I pray you know His ever-present love and you find ways to thank Him for seasons of life that lead us closer to Him...


Jena