-->

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Guest Speaker-Maggi Pivovar

Guest Speaker: Maggi Pivovar

Family Stats: Married to John for 17 years. Children:Mitchell (15), Blase (14), Ben (9), Grant (6)
Cats: Snoopy and Lily  Dogs: Ranger (sheltie) and Miles (mini aussie)

Spiritual Gifts: Faith, Wisdom, Knowledge, Encouragement, Teaching

Spiritual Pathways: I connect with God most through Christian music. I hear Him best when I am driving by myself, and the car is completely quiet. Faith that has developed over many years keeps me tied to Him daily. Scripture cards I keep on my bedside table keep me focused on particular areas I  struggle with. When I am alone and quiet, I feel most connected to God.

Passions: Sharing my story to encourage others, Mentoring and encouraging others who have experienced similar health related experiences, advocating for meningitis vaccines, watching documentaries about how others love in different cultures around the world, nutrition

Pet peeves: Cups and dishes scattered around the house, computer technical issues, having picky eaters in my home, when my GPS can’t find a signal, being gluten intolerant, televised sports

Secret Shames: Reality tv (I stay up late to watch recorded episodes of the Bachelor, Bachelorette, America’s Supernanny  and others I can’t mention…on a regular basis). I am also addicted to candy and dogs.

Books I love: The Shack, Anything historical fiction or biographies that allow me to step into another woman’s life and world and experience their daily lives

Can’t live without: TV, dogs, Kerastase Nectar Thermique, Bumble and Bumble Brilliantine (My hair is very dry and fizzy without them) Liguid gold, Clinique double face powder, my family and my legs.

Favorite room in my house: My bedroom, because it means it is time to sleep!

Favorite tradition: Every New Year’s Eve, we interview our kids with a series of questions. (favorite things, pet peeves, etc) We share the answers together, read from the journals I keep for them, set goals for the new year as a family and as individuals. It ends up being hilarious and with boys, the conversation always includes all of the funny and silly things they have all done to each other over the years

My family has had a prayer list for the last 20 years. Each family member is assigned a week where everyone in the family prays for them.  It helps us focus prayer on one special person each week because we have a large family. We have seen many, many answers to prayer!