-->

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Think on it Thursday

FASTING


In our culture, we have many things that offer us comfort, although fleeting.
What brings you joy after a hard day? Is it a shopping spree, oreos and milk,
popcorn and a movie, perusing the internet or sinking under
the covers and taking a nap? This may be my list, but we all have our own.

God wants to be your provider. He has much to offer us if we would only come to Him, and His joy completes us in a way nothing else can.
Sometimes we have to stop running to our own provisions so we can lean on Him and accept what He has to offer.

As a mother we give all day long.
Did you know you have a creator that wants to give to YOU all day long?
He calls to you,
“Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some REST.”
Mark 6:31

He will RENEW you (2 Corinthians 4:16-18)
He will ENCOURAGE you (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17)
He will STRENGTHEN you (Zechariah 10:12)
He will show you GRACE and COMPASSION (Isaiah 30:18)
He will show you the WAY (Isaiah 30:21-22)
He will RESCUE you (Isaiah 46:3-4)

I need all of these things, but I often search for them in all the wrong places.
Join me this week in giving up something that gives you temporary comfort so
you can rely on Jesus to meet your need. Try spending 10 minutes a day reading his word and asking Him to comfort you. You can begin by looking up the scriptures above.

He promises you this,

“Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”
Jeremiah 29:12-13

~written by Rachel McKenna