-->

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A New Thing

A chill lingers in the air but spring is finally here.  Blades of green emerge from dried webs of last year's lawn and in a matter of days buttery yellow daffodils and jonquils will smile upon us.  If spring had a theme song I think Vivaldi's Four Seasons sings it perfectly. Spring is an orchestra of new beginnings. It's not just the shedding of winter that captures my attention this time of year, but that I see God doing a new thing...and it gives me hope. 
What new thing is God doing in your life right now?  Where is God's truth and your experience colliding like thunder clouds and where will His grace rain down in you today?  It can be hard to see beyond winter sometimes, but God's words in Isaiah 43 are still true for us today and He is doing a new thing in each of us. 

 I am the Lord, your Holy One,
    Israel’s Creator, your King.
 This is what the Lord says—
    he who made a way through the sea,
    a path through the mighty waters,
who drew out the chariots and horses,
    the army and reinforcements together,
and they lay there, never to rise again,
    extinguished, snuffed out like a wick:
“Forget the former things;
    do not dwell on the past.
 See, I am doing a new thing!
    Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
    and streams in the wasteland.
Jena M.