-->

Monday, March 31, 2014

Like a Psalm

Like a Psalm by Tami I.                                                         Psalm 27 NIV (written by David)
The Lord is the way, the truth, the life-                                   The Lord is my light and my salvation—
     why do I struggle to trust?                                                       whom shall I fear?
The Lord is my rock, my salvation-                                        The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
     why do I battle to believe?                                                       of whom shall I be afraid?
                                                                                                 When the wicked advance against me
I have seen His beauty in mountainsides and oceans,                  to devour me, it is my enemies
     in sunsets and the innocent eyes of a child.                        and my foes who will stumble and fall.       
I have touched His redeeming love in the giving of my          Though an army besiege me,  
     heart, time and friendship; in serving others,                          my heart will not fear;
     placing them before myself.                                                though war break out against me,       
The Lord’s presence and peace has calmed my heart                   even then I will be confident.
  by His Word, a prayer, a song;                                            One thing I ask from the Lord,       
in the stillness of the Lord’s Spirit, I experience                          this only do I seek:
     His power and glory.                                                            that I may dwell in the house of the      
I have been washed numerous times by His                                 Lord all the days of my life,
     grace, accepting my brokenness;                                         to gaze on the beauty of the Lord       
finding beauty in it,                                                                       and to seek him in his temple.
     for I am wonderfully made.                                                 For in the day of trouble       
I have been forgiven of many sins and learned                            he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
     to forgive the sins of others.                                                he will hide me in the shelter of his       
I have seen His glory in the love of others, in the man                sacred tent and set me high upon a
     whom stands by my side loving me with all of his                 rock.  
     heart; with all of His heart.                                                  Then my head will be exalted above      
                                                                                                      the enemies who surround me;
Pride overwhelms me closing the door on                                at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with 
      the Lord’s wisdom and guidance.                                           shouts of joy; I will sing and make
Fear disables me from His loving touch and                                music to the Lord.
      presence; cripples my ability to seek Him.                         Hear my voice when I call, Lord;
Worry consumes my mind and heart keeping                               be merciful to me and answer me.  
     me from His peace and joy.                                                  My heart says of you, "Seek his face!"
Busyness fills my days distancing me from His                            Your face, Lord, I will seek.
     voice and knowing who He is;                                             Do not hide your face from me,
it numbs my mind and heart stealing the joy                                 do not turn your servant away in 
     I have found in the Lord.                                                           anger; you have been my helper.
                                                                                                   Do not reject me or forsake me, 
Expectantly, I seek to open the door to your                                   God my Savior.
     wisdom and guidance O Lord.                                              Though my father and mother forsake 
Hopefully, I stretch out my hand, my heart, my                              me, the Lord will receive me.
     mind to love you and be loved;                                             Teach me your way, Lord;
call You by name. Jesus! Ask in Your name. Jesus!                        lead me in a straight path
Eagerly, I rest upon His truth and sovereignty;                                because of my oppressors.
     not fear.                                                                                  Do not turn me over to the desire of 
Faithfully I follow you Lord and worship You;                               my foes, for false witnesses rise
     peace, freedom, and joy meet me there.                                      up against me, sprouting
Patiently I still myself to hear your voice, know all                         malicious accusations.
     of you with all my strength,                                                    I remain confident of this:
all my heart and all my mind.                                                           I will see the goodness of the Lord
For You are God, most Sovereign glorious and                               in the land of the living.
     Holy God. You are my Lord and Savior.                                Wait for the Lord;
In You I can trust;                                                                              be strong and take heart
    your word brings me truth.                                                            and wait for the Lord.
Your love brings me faith;
     your grace and mercy brings me forgiveness.
 In You I can trust, O Lord!!