-->

Monday, April 13, 2015

Grace


We live in a broken world. The enemy has his hands on our world for now.  We are flawed, broken people. We fall short of God's image every day. We also hold up others' weaknesses and transgressions, whether to make ourselves feel better or merely so we don't feel alone in our failure.

This morning I awoke to the sound of my kids involved in some altercation in the kitchen. A cry of frustration erupted from one, followed by running footsteps as another raced toward me to report some transgression committed.

The Lord held my tongue and tone in check this time and saved me from my own flawed, instinctual rebuke of the the tattler and the transgressor. Instead I asked, "why don't you help instead of telling?" What would it look like if we instinctually offered grace first instead of condemnation?

Last night I became aware of a Facebook page dedicated to publicizing the flaws and foibles (real and imagined) of adoptive parents (and those hoping to adopt). The sole purpose of the page is to "call out" the perceived shortcomings of people who seek to welcome children into their families through adoption.
What if we first looked at those we don't understand or agree with through the lens of grace rather than skepticism, fear, or judgment?

and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. (‭Romans‬ ‭3‬:‭24‬ NIV)

I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. (‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭1‬:‭4‬ NIV)

But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. (‭Ephesians‬ ‭4‬:‭7‬ NIV)

We did not earn the grace that was given to us. Why, then, should we withhold it from others?

For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. (‭Titus‬ ‭2‬:‭11‬ NIV)

Salvation through grace is available to ALL people. We are given grace in such abundance that it can flow freely from us to others.

Grace that flows like a river
Washing over me
Fount of Heaven, love of Christ
Overflow in me


(Thank You Jesus, Hillsong)

What would it look like in your life to offer grace FIRST to all people?  
- Katrina K.