-->

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Think on it Thursday

As moms, we often fight the battle of comparison.

We are all learning, observing and evolving…

And we are watching other moms.


I hear the “crazy mom” in Target

screaming at her kids,

and I feel like the better mom.

Then other times,

I see a “together-mom” with her clean house,

trendy clothes, tidy hair

and clean children…

and I can feel like a lousy mom.


I sometimes forget that God made me unique.

I am a once-in-a-lifetime mom,

created to be an expression of God’s love.


God doesn’t want us to compare ourselves to each other.

In fact, He wants us to be different,

to look different,

to love differently…

Because we ARE different.


And together our differences function like a body,

the body of Jesus present here on earth.

Each of us plays a unique part,

unlike no other,

depending on each other,

to work together

to look more like Him.


“But in fact God has arranged the parts

in the body, every one of them, just as

He wanted them to be…

The eye cannot say to the hand, I don’t need you!

And the head cannot say to the feet,

I don’t need you!

On the contrary, those parts of the body

that seem to be weaker are indispensable,

and the parts we think are less honorable we

treat with special honor…

So there should be no division in the body.”

(I Corinthians 12:18-25)


As you realize your unique mom-gifts,

may you embrace each thing that brings light to your home;

your special version of kindness,

justice, patience, love, righteousness,

and most of all

your faith in Jesus.


“Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom

Or the strong man boast of his strength

Or the rich man boast of his riches,

But let him who boasts boast about this;

That he understands and knows me,

That I am the LORD,

Who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness

On earth, for in these I delight, declares the LORD.”

Jeremiah 9:23-25


Ask God to show you who He wants you to be.

Make a list this week of your gifts and talents

and thank God for the wonderful mom that you are.


~written by Rachel McKenna