-->

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Whose Day Tuesday

Name: Anita M.
Family Stats: Married, 2 sons, 3 daughters, a granddaughter and grandson
Spiritual Gifts: Mercy, giving, hospitality
Spiritual Pathways: Serving
Passions: Missions, serving the less fortunate
Pet Peeves: Can't leave my bed unmade, open closet or cabinet doors
Books that you Love: Samson, The Help
Can't Live Without: God, sweets, Diet Coke
Favorite Room: bedroom
Favorite Tradition: When my children were elementary age, at the first of November they would make a decorated sealed box (we used the same box every year) with a small opening in the top. During the month we would all write on a small slip of paper different things we were thankful for and put it in the box. Then during our Thanksgiving meal we would open the box and read the notes. I still have the box with those slips of papers and I get so much joy reading them each year and laughing at some of the words that were spelled wrong, some of the sweet tender things my kids were grateful for, the things my husband and I were thankful for and the many blessings God has given us since then.