-->

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Leader Bio-Jena

Whose Day Highlight: Jena M.
Family Stats: hubby Josh and I will be celebrating 12 years in December, Jalen (8), Joslyn (2.5) and Juliana (1)
Spiritual Gifts: teaching, leadership, and hospitality
Spiritual Pathways: When I contemplate the grace of God and what he has done for a sinner like me I know His peace and joy.
Passions: providing learning opportunities for my kiddos, being active, writing, painting, reading, family and friends
Pet Peeves: full trash cans, fruit/veggie stickers in my kitchen sink, Internet advertising,
Books That You Love: where do I start?  anything by Jane Austen or Edith Wharton, non-fiction Christian literature that speaks truth and ruffles my feathers, Deanne Gist books, Redeeming Love, Stepping Heavenward, and if I may be so humble...Twilight.
Can't Live Without: Jesus, my sweet sisters in Christ, Good Earth Sweet and Spicy Tea,
Favorite Room In Your House:  since we're moving into our new house soon I will say my dream room instead. I'd love a kitchen so warm and inviting that when you show up on my doorstep unannounced you can instantly feel at home sitting in my kitchen over a warm cup of tea. Just know that dishes will be sitting in the sink and tiny handprints will purposefully be left untouched on the stainless fridge. 

Favorite tradition:  My husband's side of the family has a week long Christmas celebration and an entire day is set aside for Nerf Gun Battles.  Everyone (there's about 20 of us) is divided up into 2 teams, safety glasses are distributed, and the battle begins.  No house is safe, so look out if you volunteer to host (which we have done this year!)