-->

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Leader Bio-Rebecca

Whose Day Highlight: Rebecca H.
Family Stats: Married to my beloved, David Harris. We will be celebrating our eight wedding anniversary on October 4th. This is a second marriage for both of us. We have four children and one daughter-in-law. Braden (20) is a Marine in the United States Marine Corps. He and his wife, Lauren, are stationed in Cherry Point, North Carolina. Jessica (20) (Braden’s twin) is a Nanny and lives in Branson, Missouri. We miss them, and wish they visited more often. Grace is six, and just started the first grade – big time now! She is our creative, artistic child; I never have enough wall space for all her creations! Samuel is the baby. At three, he is still sweet, but getting big way too fast! He loves Wii (actually he’s addicted to it; any suggestions on how to break this addiction?) and any sport that involves a ball!
Spiritual Gifts: (my top four b/c they are tied and/or so close) 1. Faith/Words of Knowledge 2. Administration 3. Hospitality/Intercession 4. Encouragement
Spiritual Pathways: 1. Creation; 2. Relational; 3. Activist
Passions: Jesus; my husband; my children; honest, real relationship with others; encouraging folks in the awesome, never ending love of our God; and women’s natural health options (due to my own personal journey)!
Pet Peeves: Whining (including my own!); unforgiveness (especially my own!); lack of sleep (which causes definitely one, possibly two of my previous pet peeves!). Could probably list a few more, but I won't!
Secret Shames: Ick! procrastinating; not being as “technology” savvy as I would like or should be.
Books That You Love: This is hard to narrow down, but here are my most recent ish… The Shack (Wm. Paul Young); Redeeming Love (Francine Rivers); Loving our Kids on Purpose (Danny Silk)/Parenting w/Love & Logic (Fay/Cline); and almost anything that is historical (non-fiction and fiction) (after all, I am a Southern girl!).
Can't Live Without: Well, other than God… love, grace, running water (showers, especially!), and my i-phone!
Favorite Room In Your House: Our kitchen… This is where our family gathers together. It is bright and cheery (blue and yellow with lots of red!), welcoming, warm, cozy, full of life, laughter, and a few tears. Here we nourish each other with love, relationship, and some really good food (well, sometimes the food isn’t so good, but I try!!!)
Favorite Tradition: My favorite tradition is our daily sharing time during the evening meal. This is our special time to connect and share; laugh and cry; empathize and encourage; to be each other’s biggest fan regardless of how good or bad our day…. Now, that’s the power of family!