-->

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Leader Bio-Liz

Whose Day Highlight: Liz S.
Family Stats: Married 14 years to Mike Sears and mom to Peter age 11 and Jonathan age 9
Spiritual Gifts: Administration, Hospitality and Helps
Spiritual Pathways: Activist, Serving and Relational
Passions: Helping people find their passion for serving beyond ourselves
Pet Peeves: being late and forgetting people's names (I can remember their whole story but not a name ... hate it)
Secret Shames: Now, now. It wouldn't be a secret would it? OK, when I get stressed I can be a yeller. God is really working with me on this one especially as a mom.
Book that you love: In the bible, the book of Hebrews. I love how it presents the whole picture of the bible: old and new testament. I love "The Same Kinda of Different as Me". It opened my eyes to the perspective of the homeless.
Can’t Live Without: Activity. I don't sit still very well. I love to be involved and be in contact with people.
Favorite Room In Your House: My kitchen especially sitting at my kitchen table looking into the backyard: I love seeing my kids playing, nature, the seasons changing, sunshine.
Favorite Tradition: We do breakfast in bed on everyone's birthday. The boys love it. We have also gone through the devotion, The Lenten Tree each year with our boys. It is a daily devotion for Lenten. I was very convicted three years ago that we made such a big deal about Christmas and didn't prepare for the Easter season. It was a great book and very simple to do as a family.