-->

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Leader Bio-Wendy

Whose Day Highlight: Wendy C.
Family Stats: husband Mark (we met on a cruise when I was thirteen and were pen-pals between Orlando, FL (me) and Ontario, Canada (him)--yes, I do believe in soul mates); kids Lorelei (5) and Gryffin (3), and our pet bunny Mr. Tubbins
Spiritual Gifts: Faith, Leadership, Wisdom
Spiritual Pathways: Worship, Creation (not just natural wonders, but I love ancient cathedrals and whimsical architecture), Activist
Passions: Family, writing, travel (I used to have flight benefits and love traveling overseas), my family blog, setting up systems or creating projects to motivate and manage family stuff
Pet Peeves: I just asked my husband what my biggest pet peeve was and realized AT THAT VERY MOMENT he was drinking from the apple cider container instead of using a cup. Whining, chomping, drivers with cell phones, cigarettes
Secret Shames: I get giddy picking earwax from people's ears. Seriously, if you see me with a Q-tip, run!
Books That You Love: Anything in the parenting section (I devour it--this is my job, and I have specific goals to raise independent, capable children who have a strong sense of who they are in Christ). I love business motivational books (Covey, Gladwell), history, religion, and generally read non-fiction, but I'm a Harry Potter fan.
Can't Live Without: Writing time (6am, Panera Bread, Saturdays); Josh Groban, King's College Choir, Loreena McKennitt--beautiful music 
Favorite Room In My House: The pirate room--I started the mural the day we had Gryffy's ultrasound and learned he was a boy. Lorelei and I are also re-doing her room for some new bunkbeds scheduled to arrive by elf-delivery Christmas 2011, which will be right up there when it's finished, too.
Favorite Traditions: Our weekly family nights in which we do family business on the weekly whiteboard, share a prayer and lesson, and always end with gooey roasted s'mores